- Exam Type:University Level
- Format: Offline/PBT
The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) was set up in 1963 by the Government of India as an autonomous organisation to help professionalise the country's foreign trade management and increase exports. Today it is one of India's most prestigious business schools. It conducts an entrance exam for its flagship course; MBA (International Business).
IIFT conducts a multiple-choice objective type entrance examination for admission to its MBA (International Business) program. It is a foundational course for developing a competent cadre of business executives to meet the country’s growing requirements for training personnel in the field of international management. The syllabi for MBA (IB) compares favourably with the syllabi of some of the world’s best International Business Schools.
IIFT 2017 Latest Updates
- Candidates applying for IIFT need a Bachelor’s degree in any discipline. The degree needs of minimum duration of three years.
- Final year graduate students can also apply for IIFT. Such candidates will be needed to submit proof of requisite qualification by 7th October 2016.
- There is no age limit for candidates applying to IIFT.
Candidates who wish to apply for IIFT 2017 can either apply online or offline depending on their convenience.
Online Application Process
- Candidates who wish to apply online can visit the official website of IIFT Admissions i.e. www.iiftadmissions.net.in
- The form needs to be filed as per the guidelines shared on the official website.
Offline Application Process
- Candidates who wish to apply to IIFT 2017 offline can buy the prospectus in cash from the institute or through demand draft.
- After filling the application form, they will have to send the same in the envelope provided by the institute to Indian Institute of Foreign Trade, B-21 Qutab Institutional Area, New Delhi-110016.
- Candidates will have to send the form to IIFT so that it reaches IIFT on or before 3rd September 2016.
- As advised by the institute the candidates must keep a photocopy of the compiled form and the demand draft with them for future reference.
Candidates applying to IIFT will need to pay a one- time payment of INR 1,550 for general category and INR 775 for SC/ST/PH category. The amount stated includes application screening and Entrance Test Fee.
Application Fee (At the IIFT Counter/ By Post/ Online)
General/ OBC Candidates
For Foreign Nationals/ NRIs/ Children of NRIs
USD 80/ INR 4,500
IIFT Exam Pattern
IIFT 2017 entrance examination is a multiple choice objective type written test. The test will be in the English language. The paper consists of questions from the following sections:
- English Comprehension
- General Knowledge & Awareness
- Logical Reasoning
- Quantitative Analysis
- The counselling procedure given below is applicable to both the Delhi and Kolkata Campuses.
- A final selection of the candidates is made on the basis of the Written Test, Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing.
- Candidates shortlisted basis their performance in the IIFT written test scheduled to be held on November 27, 2016, between 10:00 a.m. and 12:00 noon, will be called for the next round.
- The next round includes Essay Writing, Group Discussion and Interview which will be held in January/ February 2017, at Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai. The Institute reserves the right to add/delete any centre if required.
For Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates/ Children of NRIs:
- Foreign Nationals/NRI Candidates/ Children of NRIs can apply to IIFT on the basis of GMAT score only.
- Candidates need to submit GMAT score along with the application to the Institute latest by 31st March 2017.
- NRI-sponsored candidates are not considered under this category.
The candidates will be shortlisted on the basis of their scores in the entrance examination. The shortlisted candidates will be called at a later stage for Group Discussion, Interview and Essay Writing for final selection.
The entrance examination will be of 2 hours having objective questions from the following sections:
- English Comprehension: This section will test the candidate's comprehension of and interpretative abilities in English as a language of business specifically in common forms of English expression, grammar and usage in business.
- Logical Reasoning: This section would have questions on analytical reasoning, argument analysis and analysis of explanation questions.
- Quantitative Analysis: This section will test the candidate’s understanding of Mathematics from the basics to Mensuration to Linear Algebra to Elementary differential calculus to Probability and Statistics.
- General Knowledge & Awareness: This section will test the general awareness of the students based on current happenings.
CAT Contact Details
For all IIFT related queries, please contact
B-21 Qutab Institutional Area,
New Delhi - 110016
Tel: 011-26857908 (Direct), 26965051, 26965124, 26966563, (PBX)
Fax: 011-26853965, 26867841, 26867851
1583 Madurdaha Ward No.108,
Borough XII Kolkata - 700107
Articles related to IIFT