Reasons to Join
Asutosh College stands today as the epitome of the legacy of the great mathematician who built this college up. There are a number of reasons that make Asutosh College an ideal pick for one to pursue his/her professional studies.
- The College offers its students a number of courses in all streams such as humanities, science, and commerce.
- The college has an anti-ragging campus that ensures new candidates of a safe and friendly atmosphere to pursue their higher education.
- Despite a vast college library accommodating thousands of books, an online library which was first developed in the year 2012 provides students a wider range of options to read and study.
- The college that lately celebrated its centenary year keeps in mind to periodically organize cultural as well as education events to ensure overall development of its students.
- Asutosh College is the only college in South Kolkata to facilitate its students with hostel facilities. It is also one of the only two colleges to have a tent and ground at Kolkata Maidan.
- Apart from these features, the college also has auditoriums, gymnasium and a number of sports grounds for many variants.
- The beautiful infrastructure, greenery and the well maintained campus is like a cherry on the cake for the students studying here.
Let us help you take right decision
Available college facilities
The college has a well constructed building with modern infrastructure and all technological and manual facilities. The Asutosh Memorial Hall, which is housed in the main building, is used for n...read more
umerous cultural and academic functions.The hall is equipped with high-end audio and lighting equipment. The hall with balcony can accommodate one thousand viewers at a time. The college has its own well equipped Seminar Hall located in its Annexe building where lecturers and academic workshops are held regularly. The College also has a Gymnasium as well. Asutosh College is the only college in South Kolkata to facilitate its students with hostel facilities. It is also one of the only two colleges to have a tent and ground at Kolkata Maidan.
A variety of teaching and learning techniques are employed to impart knowledge and skills to students at Asutosh College. Th faculty is well-qualified and very experienced. The faculty is highly motivated and are active in research.
Dr. Dipak Kumar Kar
(Principal of College)
ReviewsView all reviews
Wonderful and memorable place
It is a memorable and wonderful place to me. I got an enjoyable experience during excursion at Himachal Pradesh. I got some good friends during this time.Classrooms are so big. It is one of the her...read moreIt is a memorable and wonderful place to me. I got an enjoyable experience during excursion at Himachal Pradesh. I got some good friends during this time.Classrooms are so big. It is one of the heritage building of Kolkata. Teaching was good but absence of the teachers in classroom was annoyed to me. Study materials and instruments are adequate and I have got a great experience on that time.
It's all about the basic which everyone should know
It's a pleasure to be a part of this college. I'm here doing my bachelor's degree, so far so good it's really amazing journey for me. The facilities are nice and always willing to help. Professors ...read moreIt's a pleasure to be a part of this college. I'm here doing my bachelor's degree, so far so good it's really amazing journey for me. The facilities are nice and always willing to help. Professors are really appreciable. Facilities are nice and can be better I think.
More about Asutosh College
Asutosh College, for a century has been a cardinal institute in West Bengal that has been imparting quality education to its students to prepare them to be responsible and serviceable members of...read more
the society. The college is affiliated under the University of Calcutta and has a rich heritage that contributes to its own culture. The College was built up in the year 1916 under the pioneer leadership of Sir Asutosh Mukherjee, the famous mathematician, educationist and the then Vice-Chancellor of the University of Calcutta. After the demise of the great leader, in 1924, the college was renamed after him as a tribute to his legacy and his visionary ideas that still shape the students at The Asutosh College. The Asutosh College shifted to its current location in 1935.The present college building has a premise of forty thousand square feet andmore than fifty classrooms which can contain about 4000 students. Twenty-eightsubjects are taught as Honors/Major/Vocational at the Undergraduate level.