What are German language courses?
As Germany is one of the chief employers in the world, the popularity of German language courses is increasing day by day. Also, doing a German language course is very beneficial, both intellectually and professionally.
Fascinating facts about German:
· It is the first language of about 95 million people worldwide and the most widely spoken native language in the European Union.
· It is also the third most widely taught foreign language in both the United States and the European Union after English and French.
· German speaking countries are ranked fifth in terms of annual publication of new books, with one tenth of all books (including e-books) in the world being published in the German language.
Read on to know more about German language courses in India:
Those who possess a master’s degree in German can comfortably serve as:
· Social Science Researcher
· Bilingual Specialists
· German Language Trainer/Instructor
· German Translator/Interpreter
· Tour Guide
· Air Hostess/Air Stewart in international airlines
· Guest Relations Executive at hospitality management centres
· Content Writer for publishing media and websites
· Representative with public relation agencies
Skill Sets Required:
The skill sets required to take on German language courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels are as follows:
- Eagerness to learn the language and its literature
- Efficient listening skills or aural comprehension skills
- Individuals who want to pursue a career in teaching foreign languages
- Ability to comprehend and understand passages and essays well
- Aspirants with a command over grammar and articulating systems
- Moderate to good knowledge of German grammar to understand the language better
- Fluency and accuracy in communication, diction, and dialect
- Candidates should possess good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good reading and writing skills