What are French language courses?
Indian companies have garnered high praise and attention from the international markets and this necessitates employees who know foreign languages such as French. Also, there is a growing need amongst Indian students to learn French because of the huge career prospects that it offers. French language courses are being offered by many institutes and colleges in India to help students and business professionals learn the language and boost their credibility.
French learning courses offered in India broaden the scope of corporate careers and open up other career opportunities at the same time. From grade 4 to the Advanced Diploma and degree in French, educational institutions and universities in India provide an all-round approach to learning a new language.
French language courses in India are conducted at different levels, including:
- School level: Several schools in India provide French classes to students in grades 9 and 10 or earlier, which is tested according to guidelines prescribed by the Senior Secondary Examination.
- College level: Colleges and institutes provide French language courses to beginners or students with a previous knowledge of the language.
Read on to learn more about French language courses in India.
Skill Sets Required:
The skill sets required to take on French learning courses are as follows:
- Interest in French and its literature.
- Minimal knowledge of French grammar to understand the courses better.
The skill sets required to take on French language courses at undergraduate and postgraduate levels are as follows:
- Eagerness to learn the language and its literature.
- Moderate to good knowledge of French grammar to understand the language better.
- Efficient listening skills or aural comprehension skills.
- Fluency and accuracy in communication, diction, and dialect.
- Good reading skills so that you can read the language in a more focused and selective manner
- Ability to comprehend and understand passages and essays well.
- Good writing skills in writing essays, formal and informal letters and email, reports, assignments and summaries.
Job Prospects at Certificate/Diploma Level:
Type or Level of French Learning course:
Diploma in French
1. French writer and columnist
2. French Editor for social media and websites
3. Operations Analyst
4. French Language Specialist
Advanced Diploma in French
1. French Linguistic tester
2. Country Manager – French
3. Brand Manager – French
4. Secretarial, Executive and Public Relation Assignments Jobs
5. Translation and Interpretation Jobs
6. Credit Analyst – French Bilingual (Risk Management)
7. Documentation Specialist
Certificate in French
1. French writer and editor
2. French language analyst
3. Catalogue Specialist
4. Operations Analyst
A few important benefits of French learning courses are as follows:
- Jobs as translators give the candidate opportunities to be employed by big industries, research organisations, government agencies, embassies, and publishing houses.
- Jobs as language specialists in French open doors in fields of tourism, travel sector, hospitality industry, export agencies, fairs and exhibitions, radio stations, trade organisations and airlines offices.
- Jobs as operations analysts and credit analysts with French certification or diploma helps in getting jobs in MNCs within India and abroad.
Job Prospects at Undergraduate Level:
1. Teacher for High school/Secondary school – French
2. French Linguistic Tester
3. Credit Analyst (Risk management) – French bilingual
5. Documentation specialist
BA Honours (French)
1. Part-time French Instructor
2. French Medical Interpreter
3. Technical support Agent
4. French tutor or teacher
5. French fluent representative for customer services
6. French Annotator
7. Support Analyst Bi Lingual
8. Country Manager – French
9. French Bilingual Automotive Mechanic and Parts Expert
Job Prospects at Postgraduate Level:
1. Teacher for High school/Secondary school – French.
2. French Linguistic Tester
3. Publishing houses
4. Credit Analyst (Risk management) – French bilingual
5. International organizations
6. Interpretation and Translation
7. Documentation specialist
10. Public relations and mass communication
11. Diplomatic service